Timely homework completion is very important and teaches students responsible work habits. Students should be able to complete most assignments independently, but please assist as necessary.
Language Arts Homework
- Students will receive a Weekly Assignment Log that will state the story we are on for optional pages your child could do from their orange workbook. Please do not return these pages to school, they are for extra practice at home :)
- Students will bring spelling words that they will need to study for the week in their BLUE folders. Spelling pretests are on Mondays and tests are on Fridays or the last day of the week.
- As part of the nightly homework, students are expected to read 15 minutes nightly. This will help increase reading fluency and is also a great way to spend quality time with your child. Please write down the books your child read during the week and sign the log on Thursday night.
- Our district has adopted a new math program, called Eureka Math. A Homework page will be assigned each night, which will reinforce the math lesson taught in class that day. This will be sent home in their BLUE folder and is due the next day. At times, your child will bring home class work and Parent Tip Sheets, please look them over as they are important in helping your child at home. Please keep these extra papers at home and only send back the homework.
- Students are encouraged to practice their math facts throughout the week. You may buy or make flashcards to help your child with becoming fluent in their addition and subtraction math facts.